The Mum a Porter New In Edit of The High Street’s New In Sections Online
Welcome to the Mum a Porter New In Edit! This is an edit of all the New In sections of many of my go -to high street shops. H&M, Cos, & Other Stories, ASOS and Marks and Spencer. Of course Zara is missing from the edit and of course, Zara is one of my favourite shops of all time, but there is just soooooo much in the Zara New In section and just so much in Zara in general, that I feel like it needs an entire edit of its own. So expect a Zara edit coming to Mum a Porter soon.
The Mum a Porter Edits and especially the New In Edit should hopefully help you save some time scrolling endlessly through the websites of high street retailers. Admittedly, within this entire edit there are a lot of items. However, if you know you’re a Topshop mama then scroll on down to the Topshop section and skip out shops you are not interested in! I won’t be offended in the slightest, this is a time saving exercise at the end of the day!
The Mum a Porter Edit Criteria
All the items in all of the edits on Mum a Porter are of items that I own, am currently coveting and all are very much of my taste and style. The exact same criteria I apply to shopping and styling an outfit for myself has very much been applied to creating these edits.
- There are very few short dresses or skirts if any, because I don’t feel as though these are particularly practical or functional. As a mama I know that short skirts will have limited wear, as it’s not a garment I can wear both on and off mum duty. So expect to see lots of long dresses. If you follow me on Instagram you will know I am in the midst of a love affair with long maxi dresses.
- Most of the garments included can be styled with trainers and look just as stylish, if not more so, as they would with heeled boots, court shoes or a stomping boot. I am all about outfits that can be worn from day to night, with just a change of shoe and that is exactly what I have included.
- As the Christmas season is upon us, all of the New In sections included lots of festive party wear. However, for special occasions, when I need to be a little more spruced up than functional, I always opt for separates. A good pair of tailored trousers or statement skirt with a well cut blazer and camisole top would often be my preference. I have included a number of stunning velvet blazers from the likes of & Other Stories and Cos. I will be creating a Christmas edit very soon.
- Very few items included in the edit are particularly trend led and those that are, like a leopard print dress or shirt for example, is something that can be worn even once this leopard print crazy dies down. When I am searching for slightly trendier items to elevate my wardrobe, Topshop will always be my starting point and their New In section is just so good!
- There are a fair few printed and patterned maxi dresses. This is because I have been in love with this style of dress even before it became a trend and can see myself wearing these long after the trend dies out. I love how trans-seasonal they can be when styled the right way and how effortless they are. So the maxi dresses included aren’t solely included for their fashion, but their comfort and ease too.